Companion for Birth & Beyond
Full-Spectrum, Person-Centered, Compassionate Support for Your Unique Needs.
Meet Your Companion
Courtney (they/them) is a witness, space-holder, supporter, and caregiver for families of all types and in all stages. They have served youth and their families since 2008. Courtney is passionate about honoring life’s transitions, and they believe that all birthing people deserve compassionate, steady, and informed support throughout their unique reproductive journeys.
As a full-spectrum companion, Courtney is proud to elevate the voices and needs of each client they have the honor of serving. They are dedicated to inclusive, anti-oppressive work both in their personal and professional relationships and in the systems they live and work in.
Outside of birth and coaching work, Courtney loves spending time with family, friends, and their plants. They can often be found reading one of the many books piled on their bedside table, enjoying a walk, or writing.
Certifications and Training:
- Certified Birthing Advocacy Doula Trainings (BADT) Full-Spectrum Doula
- DONA Birth Doula Training
- Whole Body Pregnancy Childbirth Educator Training (in progress)
- BADT Birth & Disability Training
- BADT Abortion Doula Training
- BADT Queer and Trans Birth Training
- Trauma-Informed Birth & Postpartum Support
- Gender-Affirming Practices for Birth Workers
- Implicit Bias Training with Re+Birth Equity
- MIX IT UP! Answering Young People’s Questions about Sexual Health
- 200-Hour Anusara Yoga Teacher Training including prenatal yoga
- 50-hour Trauma-Informed Yoga Teacher Training
- M.Ed + 10 years of classroom teaching
- Positive Discipline Parent Educator
- First Aid + CPR
- Safe Baby Academy
HOW I SUPPORT BIRTHING FAMILIES
As your companion I will:
Listen to you deeply.
Honor your preferences and wishes.
Witness your process with respect and reverence.
Contribute to your education with information and resources.
Remain by your side through every step of the process.
Be a go-to support for processing and accountability.
Ensure that your voice is being elevated.
Support your partner(s) or family.
Serve as an advocate.
- Complimentary 40-minute initial consultation
- Unlimited phone/text/email support and coaching.
- Prenatal visits to explore birth preferences, coping strategies, and more.
- On-call from 38-42 weeks.
- Backup doula available.
- Labor and birth support at your home and/or birthing space.
- Birth notes and processing.
- Postpartum visit to process birth, share resources/referrals, and offer support and information.
- Sliding Scale: $800-$1500* + payment plans available
- Optional add on: childbirth and parenting prep classes
*If this range is inaccessible, please reach out to discuss options.
- Support for adoption, abortion, conception, loss, coming out, or any other life or reproductive transition.
- Unlimited phone/text support and coaching.
- Custom support based on your situation and family needs.
- Sliding scale offered
- Read more about what full-spectrum work means to me here.
Birth and Full-Spectrum Virtual Support
- For folks who are not local (Austin, TX)
- Phone/video support and coaching
- Customized support based on your situation and family needs.
- Sliding scale offered
Life + Parenting Coaching
SLIDING SCALE INFORMATION
I believe that birth and full-spectrum support can be empowering during a vulnerable and transformational time, and I feel strongly that it should be accessible to anyone who wants it. Thus, I utilize a sliding scale pricing model for companion services.
Sliding scale means you select the cost you pay according to what you understand about your complex and unique financial situation–more than just your current income is involved. In deciding where you fall on the scale, you might consider your privilege & roadblocks, earned assets & debts, income, family assets & obstacles.
The scale is intended to be a map, inviting each of us to take inventory of our financial resources and look deeper at our levels of privilege. It is a way to challenge the classist and capitalist society we live in and work towards economic justice on a local level. While I ask you to take these factors into consideration, please don’t stress about it. Pay what feels right.
When I pay more on a sliding scale, I know that I am helping others to access services. When I pay in the middle, I know I am helping support the service provider. And when I pay at the bottom, I know I am letting my community hold me and support me. All of these are wonderful and acceptable ways of accessing services.
If the sliding scale ranges above are inaccessible, please reach out, and we can explore how we can make a partnership possible.
Consider paying less on the scale if you:
- are supporting children or have other dependents
- have significant debt
- have medical expenses not covered by insurance
- receive public assistance
- have immigration-related expenses
- are an unpaid community organizer
- are a returning citizen who has been denied work due to incarceration history
- are a single-parent family or single-income family due to life circumstances
Consider paying more on the scale if you:
- own the home you live in
- have investments, retirement accounts, or inherited money
- travel recreationally
- have access to family money and resources in times of need
- work part time by choice
- have multiple streams of income
- have a relatively high degree of earning power due to level of education (or gender and racial privilege, class background, etc.)
♡ Companion for Birth & Beyond
♡ inclusive presence, support, info
♡ Life Coach for Teens & Parents @courtneyharriscoaching